Listen each weekday at 7:40am for What the Headline!
To learn more about Southern Recipe Small Batch and enter their contest, go to www.SouthernRecipeSmallBatch.com
Pork Rind Jalapeño Poppers
- 4 oz. of your favorite Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds, finely crushed
- 10 Jalapeño Peppers – stems removed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat BBQ or oven 400 degrees F.
- Slice one side of each jalapeño pepper lengthwise and remove seeds with a spoon.
- In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese and shredded cheese together. Fill each pepper half with the cream cheese filling.
- Pour the crushed pork rinds onto a plate. Take each filled pepper, turn upside down and press the pepper into the pork rinds.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Pork Rind Burgers
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, mix beef with pork rinds, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Divide into 4, form into patties and grill.
- Serve with your signature sauce and enjoy!