Science Says to Do These 5 Things in order to live longer!
These may sound obvious, but they’re so important to live a long life!
One study, published in the journal Circulation last year, even argued that adhering to these healthy habits could extend your lifespan by roughly a decade!
- Eating a healthy diet: Research has long suggested that following a Mediterranean diet.
- Exercising regularly: Federal physical activity guidelines recommend aiming for at least 150 minutes of moderate or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity each week, plus twice-weekly muscle-strengthening sessions.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight: Circulation study defined as a body mass index between 18.5 and 24.9
- Drinking only in moderation: According to federal dietary guidelines, means that women should have no more than a drink per day, and men should have no more than two per day.
- Not smoking: In addition to causing lung cancer, cigarette-smoking is associated with serious health problems including heart attack, stroke and mouth and throat cancers.
Read more via time.com.