Check out a list of local Christmas events happening near Raleigh.
Click on the event titles to see more information about each event.
Now- December 31st
- Lake Myra Christmas Lights
- Enjoy a free 25 minute light show, with donations accepted.
Thursday, December 1st:
- Clayton Christmas Village and Tree Lighting
- Food trucks, performances, Santa, and more at this event starting at 5:30pm.
- Louisburg Christmas Tree Lighting
- This tree lighting starts at 6:30pm at the Franklin County Courthouse Square.
- Kenly Christmas Parade
- A nighttime Christmas parade in Downtown Kenly starting at 7pm.
- Smithfield Christmas Tree Lighting
- Performances from local choruses, bands, dance groups, and more. 6:00pm-8:30pm in Downtown Smithfield.
- Franklinton Christmas Parade
- A nighttime Christmas parade in Downtown Franklinton starting at 7pm.
- Fuquay Varina Christmas Tree Lighting
- Check out the tree lighting and festivities happening in the Fuquay Varina Business District, and meet Santa in the Fuquay Mineral State Park, starting at 6pm.
Friday, Dec 2nd- Jan 6th
- Downtown Raleigh Illuminate Light Walk
- A free light based art walk in downtown Raleigh from Dec. 2nd through Jan. 6th.
Friday, Dec 2nd:
- Wendell Wonderland
- Live music, trolley rides, cookie walk, Santa & Mrs. Claus, a craft market, axe throwing, the Lake Myra Light Show, a snow machine, and a Toys for Tots Drive from 5-9pm in Downtown Wendell.
- Morrisville Tree Lighting
- Tree lighting followed by some fun and entertainment, starting at 6pm.
- Lighting of Wake Forest
- The lighting of the Christmas tree with Santa, arriving in a fire truck from 5:30pm-8:30pm. The lighting will take place around 6:15pm.
- Christmas On Main in Benson Tree Lighting and Parade
- Shopping from 5-7:30pm, tree lighting at 6pm, parade at 6:30pm, and at 7:30, it’s the Christmas Musical Show presented by Benson Little Theater (Singing Grove). Visits with Santa, a car show, and more!
- Christmas On First Avenue
- From 6-8pm on First Avenue in Knightdale, enjoy a tree lighting and more!
- Youngsville Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
- The ceremony will run from 4:30-7pm in vicinity of Benchmark Community Bank / S. College Street.
Saturday, December 3rd:
- Apex Rotary Club Christmas Parade
- This annual Christmas parade begins at 5pm at Apex Peakway and Ambergate Station, turning down Salem Street, and ending at Moore Street.
- Archer Lodge Christmas Celebration
- The Christmas parade begins at 3:30pm followed by the tree lighting at 6pm. Enjoy food trucks from 2-7pm, and pictures with Santa from 4:00-6:30pm.
- Four Oaks Christmas Parade
- This parade on Main Street in Four Oaks begins at 11am!
- Angier Christmas Parade
- This parade in downtown Angier begins at 10am!
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro Community Parade
- The parade will start at 10:30am in Chapel Hill at the intersection of Church and Franklin Streets, and finish at Carrboro Town Hall.
- Garner Christmas Parade And Tree Lighting
- Enjoy the Town Of Garner Holiday Block Party 2:00pm to 4:00pm, followed by the parade at 4pm. The Tree Lighting at the Garner Recreation Center Greenspace next to Main Street will start at 6:00pm.
- Zebulon Christmas Parade
- This parade starts at 2pm, and goes from Downtown Zebulon to J&M Chevrolet. Following Arendell to Gannon Avenues.
- Youngsville Christmas Parade
- The parade will go from 10am-11am.
- Downtown Cary Christmas Tree Lighting
- Starting at 6pm, this event features actors, singers, and musicians from the community followed by the lighting of the Town of Cary Christmas Tree.
Sunday, December 4th:
- Rolesville Christmas Parade
- This parade will start at 2pm at Thales Academy, will move up Storage Drive to Main St., turn left onto Main Street then right onto E. Young St., and ending at Rolesville Baptist Church.
- Fuquay Varina Christmas Parade
- The parade route begins at 3pm at the intersection of North Main Street and Woodrow Street (by David Anthony’s gift shop) and extends all the way through the downtown Fuquay retail district and back down Academy Street to Woodrow Street (by the middle school).
- Light Up The Night Hillsborough Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting
- The parade begins at 4pm and will travel through downtown Hillsborough, south on Churton St from Corbin St to Margaret Lane and end at the intersection of Margaret Lane & Cameron St. The annual tree lighting ceremony and community sing on Old Courthouse Square immediately follows the parade.
- Louisburg Christmas Parade
- This parade goes from 3-5pm.
- First Sunday Artisan Fair- Pittsboro
- This event features crafts, music and food from 12pm-4pm in Downtown Pittsboro. https://pittsboronc.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=109
- Town of Louisburg Christmas Market
- 12-5pm in the Downtown Louisburg Amphitheater Parking Lot.
Tuesday, December 6th:
- Selma Christmas Parade & Tree Lighting
- The annual Christmas Tree Lighting and Christmas Parade will be in Downtown Selma in front of Town Hall (114 N. Raiford Street). The Tree Lighting will start at 6pm and the parade will begin at 7pm.
- Christmas in Cleveland Parade
- The annual Christmas Parade will begin at 7pm, followed by Food Truck Rodeo, and Santa.
Thursday, December 8th:
- Smithfield Christmas Parade
- The parade starts at 7pm and travels down Market Street from Sixth Street to Second Street.
Saturday, December 10th
- Clayton Christmas Parade
- The parade will start at 3pm, and you can sit anywhere from Smith Street to Robertson Street to watch.
- Knightdale Christmas Parade
- This parade starts at 10am in Knightdale.
- Happy Holly Days Parade- Holly Springs
- The parade begins at 10am on Main Street at its intersection at Oakhall Drive near the Food Lion shopping center, then continues down Main Street, through downtown Holly Springs, ending at Oak Avenue, just past The Block on Main.
- 43rd Annual Cary Jaycees Christmas Parade
- This parade will start at 2pm on E. Chatham Street at Ward St, proceeds down E. Chatham to S. Academy Street, turns left onto S. Academy Street, and ends at Dry Ave in front of the Cary Arts Center.
- Bahama Christmas Parade
- This parade begins at 10am at Country Knoll Rd. and Bahama Rd and ends at the Bahama Ruritan Club.
- Olde Towne Louisburg Candlelight Christmas Tour
- 4-9pm, at The Person Place for check-in.
Sunday, December 11th:
- Pittsboro Holiday Parade
- This parade starts at 3pm in Pittsboro.
Thursday, December 15th:
- Pittsboro by Luminaria
- Downtown Pittsboro will be lit by luminaria.
Saturday, December 17th:
- Durham Holiday Parade
- This parade will start at 10am at the Health Department (Main and Dillard Streets) and end near Duke University East Campus (Main Street and Buchanan Boulevard).