May is National Egg Month and Jax talked with Donn Paul from NestFresh Eggs to celebrate!
Donn has great tips for cooking the perfect egg, plus he’ll share a couple of easy to whip up recipes! We’ve posted those recipes below, too!
NestFresh Eggs can be found at area Harris Teeter & Publix locations as well as www.NestFresh.com!
Want to win a YEAR SUPPLY of NestFresh Eggs? Click Here!
NestFresh Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard-boiled NestFresh Eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill OR chives
- TOPPERS: Chives, crabmeat & fresh dill, small cooked shrimp & chives, smoked salmon, capers & chives, diced red bell peppers & Italian parsley, steamed asparagus tips
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks to a medium bowl. Reserve 20 white halves. Finely chop the remaining 4 white halves.
- Mash yolks with a fork. Add chopped whites, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add dill; mix well. Refrigerate, covered.
- Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp. yolk mixture into each egg white half. Garnish eggs with chive laces or other toppers, as desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Country Quiche, featuring NestFresh
· 2 Pie Shells
· ½ pound of bacon
· 1 cup milk
· ½ cup heavy cream
· 3 NestFresh eggs
· ½ teaspoon salt
· Black Pepper to taste
· 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 1 cup of shredded cheese
· 1 heaping tablespoon chives
- Prepare both pie crusts according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Arrange strips of bacon in a single layer on the pan. Slowly cook the bacon, turning the strips over occasionally until they are nicely browned and the fat has rendered out.
- Lay the cooked strips of bacon on a paper towel to absorb the excess fat. Chop the cooked bacon into small, crumbled pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the nutmeg, salt, black pepper and chives. Add the milk and cream, whisk vigorously to incorporate.
- Arrange the bacon and cheese in the bottom of each pie crust. Pour egg mixture gently into both pie crusts and gently stir so chives and bacon are suspended through the pie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Check the quiche after 30 minutes by shaking it. It will be slightly firm. Cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy at room temperature.