Check out what to buy and what to avoid this month!
Hot Deals: These are the best deals in July
- Red, White and Blue: The July 4th holiday leads the way for patriotic gear to come at low costs. If you’re looking for flags, banners, décor, clothing or anything else that may have you singing the Star-Spangled Banner, this is your time to shop. Shopping as close to the holiday as possible, and even after will land consumers the biggest savings. Expect to see red, white and blue items discounted by 50% this week and up to 90% off by the end of the weekend.
- Swimwear: Shop swimsuits after the Fourth of July. Retailers will start cutting prices following the holiday to clear way for back-to-school inventory. The longer you wait the better deals you can find but be sure to snag the items you want while the sizes and styles you like are in stock. It is likely the retailer won’t be renewing their swimsuit inventory and consumers could be out of a deal entirely.
- Amazon Products: Amazon Prime Day is back this year and consumers can expect to see big savings on Amazon branded products like Echo, Firestick, and Fire Tablets. Look out for deals on other Amazon owned brands and save up to 50% off women’s active wear from Amazon Essentials, Core 10 and Starter, up to 40% on men’s shirts from Goodthreads, Buttoned Down and Amazon Essentials, up to 30% on women’s styles from Daily Ritual, up to 20% off furniture and décor from Rivet, Stone & Beam, and Ravenna Home, up to 20% off AmazonBasics, and up to 30% off everyday essentials from Solimo, Presto!, and Happy Belly, among others.
- Paint: Planning a fall or winter makeover for your home or a maybe a specific room in your house? Buy your paint now at Sherwin Williams, Home Depot or Lowe’s and you’ll be saving a pretty penny. Home improvement retailers drop the prices on paint due to a decline of home improvement projects happening over the summer.
Lukewarm Deals: Good deals but if you can wait, you’ll save more
- Back-to-school Items: It may be tempting to stock up on school essentials early in an effort to avoid the crowds, and consumers will see savings of up to 30% off but shoppers should wait until August for the best deals on school supplies and coupling discounts with the tax free weekend in their state.
- Outdoor Gear: Outdoor enthusiasts will find it hard to not be tempted by early summer sales on camping and other recreational gear. However, it is recommended that you should wait until late August or after Labor Day if you want to land the biggest savings.
- Electronics: Consumers are going to see good savings on electronics this month as Amazon competitors cut prices to stay competitive with the digital giant. The catch on saving for electronics is you’ll likely find the biggest savings on previous models or refurbished pieces. If you’re looking for the latest and greatest equipment, look for newer items featured in back-to-school sales during August and shop on tax-free weekend. Best Buy and Walmart will have the most competitive electronic deals this July.
Cold Deals: Skip These Items During July Sales
- Random Amazon Prime Day Deals: Shoppers will be tempted to add all of the random things to their Amazon cart during Amazon Prime Day. It is known however, that in addition to providing some really great deals, Amazon is cutting prices on things they are wanting to move out of their warehouses. Some of these items are not only strange but are also not good products to buy in general. If shopping this Prime Day, take into consideration if you’ll use the product, what the reviews say and the company rating.
Food and Drink Freebies and Deals in July:
- National Fried Chicken Day: 7/6
- Free Slurpees at Seven Eleven: 7/11
- French Fry Deals:7/13
- National Hot Dog Day: 7/17
- National Ice Cream Day: 7/21
- National Chicken Wing Day: 7/29
Read more via Promocodes.com