Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Learn how to pick the perfect Thanksgiving Turkey!
Brittani called the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line to and spoke with Mary Alice about picking out the perfect Turkey for your Thanksgiving meal.
Want to host Thanksgiving like a boss? Here are some things you know about picking out that bird:
- Fresh vs Frozen: Purchase the turkey that makes you the most comfortable
- Frozen Turkeys: You can purchase as soon as you are ready. Keep in your freezer, but thaw it 3-5 days in advance (depending on the size)
- Fresh Turkeys: These don’t require any thawing, but won’t be available in the stores until about a week before Thanksgiving.
- Sizing: Get your RSVP list and plan about 1 1/2lb per person for adults, 1lb per child
- Looking for Easy? Get the Butterball Turkey in a bag! It comes ready to bake in it’s own bag and is perfect for smaller parties.
The Turkey Talk Line is open for your questions – and it’s free!
Call 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372), text your questions to 844-877-345, or say “Alexa ask Butterball” and ask your question.
The Butterball Turkey Talk Line will connect you with an expert (with over 15 years of talking turkey experience) who will provide you with Thanksgiving advice from the most basic cooking questions to more advance tips.
Here are some other great ways to connect with Butterball this year:
- Butterball.com: Get Thanksgiving knowledge at your fingertips when you log on to Butterball.com to receive turkey advice, find savings, blogger tips and delicious recipe ideas.
- YouTube: Watch videos for step by step turkey preparation instructions on YouTube.
- Facebook and Twitter: Help is available through the Butterball Facebook and Twitter pages with tips, special savings and more.
- Instagram: Follow Butterball on Instagram to get a behind-the-scenes look at recipes, events and culinary inspiration.
- Pinterest: Find Thanksgiving recipe inspiration on the Butterball Pinterest page.
- Live Chats: Engage with turkey experts through Live Chats on Butterball.com during November and December and receive real-time suggestions and advice.
- Butterball App: Download the free Butterball Cookbook Plus™ app on your Apple or Android device to get recipe ideas and cooking advice at your fingertips.