All Access asked 10 Questions with Brittani!
1) What led you to a career in radio?
I love listening to the radio. At my college station, I went through the Kellar Radio Talent Institute where we met broadcasters from all over the state. It was a game changing experience!
2) “Local, local. local” has always been radio’s mantra. How do you keep your station visible and involved in the community?
Everyone on our staff lives in our listening area. We work where our listeners do; we eat dinner where they do, we cheer for the same sports teams (Go UNC) and morn their losses together. We love contests that involve scavenger hunts, having movie nights with listeners, our annual Back 2 School Bash at the local mall and our new cupcake challenge which celebrates local bakeries!
3) What’s the coolest promotion you’ve been involved with recently?
“Find Red Head Ed” was one of my favorites we’ve done at Pulse. We hid posters of Ed Sheeran around the triangle and gave clues on-air for listeners to find him. If you found the poster you won tickets to his show in Raleigh. We got calls, Snapchats, videos and e-mails all day from excited people looking for him!
4) What artist would we be surprised to find on your personal playlist?
George Strait. I love Country music. Starting at Pulse FM was my first venture into Top 40 music. I love it now, but I still love Country music as well.
5) What’s one thing that would surprise many people to learn about you?
Speaking in front of a crowd or in an interview terrifies me. I’ve learned to hide it!
Read more via allaccess.com.