With everything that has happened in the past year, we all need to let out a scream at some point. This site is giving you a wonderful way to let out those feelings!
At Just Scream you can call in and leave any kind of scream you’d like. Or, you can listen to their wide array of playlists and scream along!
How it works:
- Call +1-561-567-8431 and when you call they record you making sounds. Hopefully screaming.
- They take any recordings that users have submitted and upload them here for anyone to hear.
- This project will be active until January 21, 2021, at which point it will be archived.
“Just Scream is a participatory sound art project created by Chris Gollmar, an elementary school teacher by profession but an artist and coder since he was a kid. ‘In September 2020, I decided to create a new piece in this format. It didn’t take long to settle on a theme and a name: Just Scream! I designed and coded this site, launching it just before Election Day in the U.S.'”
Other scream projects around the world:
- Let It Out – Record a scream to be played in Iceland.
- Scream Day – A project to create a new holiday.
- Negotiation Between Madness & Sanity – An ongoing project by filmmaker Zeynep Dagli featuring people screaming on camera.
- ScreamBody – A wearable, portable space for screaming by Kelly Dobson