Go out and celebrate the Hamburger!
May 28th is National Hamburger Day, check out these fun facts about America’s favorite food:
- American’s consume nearly 50 BILLION hamburgers annually
- Hamburgers get their name from the Hamburg steaks that German immigrants brought with them to the US.
- During WWI the US government tried to rename hamburgers “Liberty Sandwiches”
- Nearly 60% of sandwiches sold worldwide are actually hamburgers
- PETA once offered the town of Hamburg, NY $15,000 to change their name to Veggieburg
- The hamburger became popular after it was introduced at the St. Louis World’s fair in 1904.
Looking for so Hamburger deals and Freebies?
- Amazon Restaurants: Order in and have burgers from your favorite local restaurants brought right to you. Code PERFECT10 gets you $10 off your first order.
- BurgerFi: Get Cheeseburgers for just $5 each (they’re usually more than $7) on May 28.
- Burger King: The Angry Whopper has returned for a limited time, featuring a quarter-pound flame-grilled beef patty topped with bacon, American choose, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, crispy onion petals, jalepeños, mayo and angry sauce.
- Dairy Queen – Get a free burger with the purchase of any malt or shake through the DQ Mobile app
- GrubHub: Order a burger from your favorite local burger joint, delivered straight to you. Use this coupon code to get a discount on your first order.
- McDonald’s: With the 2 for $5 Mix & Match Deal (valid through May 31), get two of these items for $5: the Big Mac, Filet-O-Fish, 10-piece Chicken McNuggets or the Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
- Ruby Tuesday: Enter the Burger Jackpot by May 31 for a chance to win a trip to Las Vegas and free Ruby Tuesday for a year.
- Sonic: Try the new King’s Hawaiian Burger Club for $4.99. It features a pure beef patty topped with bacon, lettuce, tomato, Swiss cheese and Sonic’s Signature Sauce on a King’s Hawaiian bun.
- Wendy’s: Order the new $5 Biggie Bag, which includes a Bacon Double Stack, four-piece chicken nuggets, small fries and a drink.
Read more beef2live.com and Thrillist.com.