Go out and celebrate the Hamburger!
America’s Favorite Food is celebrated all May long, check out these fun facts about yummy burger!
- American’s consume nearly 50 BILLION hamburgers annually
- Hamburgers get their name from the Hamburg steaks that German immigrants brought with them to the US.
- During WWI the US government tried to rename hamburgers “Liberty Sandwiches”
- Nearly 60% of sandwiches sold worldwide are actually hamburgers
- PETA once offered the town of Hamburg, NY $15,000 to change their name to Veggieburg
- The hamburger became popular after it was introduced at the St. Louis World’s fair in 1904.
Read more beef2live.com.