This sounds about right!
Tax season has officially started and to get a read on how Americans feel about filing their taxes — and how and when they plan to complete this annual obligation — Offers.com surveyed more than 2,000 U.S. consumers. So, how are North Carolina citizens filing this tax season?
North Carolina’s Top Tax Season Trends:
- 31% of North Carolina consumers would rather give up sugar than pay taxes this year. 26% would be ready to give up Netflix/Hulu.
- 37% are planning to use a paid or free software to fill their taxes, with 35% voting Turbotax as their favorite tax software. 28% are planning to fill their taxes through an accounting firm.
- 62% of North Carolinians aren’t concerned about filing their taxes. Although, 14% said they are worried they will owe more than they can afford.
- Let’s talk about spending that refund. 34% will pay off debt with their return. Only 4% say they will splurge on luxury items.
- In terms of timing, 36% of North Carolinians say they will fill their taxes in February. However, 6% will wait until the day before or the day of the tax deadline.
Read more via Offers.com.