Freebies & financial help for Federal Government Workers affected by the government shutdown.
- Kings Dining & Entertainment: offering two FREE bowling games and shoe rental to federal employees and their immediate family members. This offer is available with proof of government ID through the end of the government shutdown, at all Kings locations Monday – Thursday from opening to 6 p.m.
- Paintbase Nail Salon: Bring your work ID to any location this week and they will treat you to a complimentary mani.
- Fullsteam Brewery: All furloughed employees, show your government ID for one free beer a day.
- Trophy Brewing and State of Beer: All locations of Trophy Brewing and State of Beer are offering free meals to furloughed employees. Trophy Brewing is offering free pizza to furloughed employees. One small pizza to any one federal employee and a free large pizza to any two federal employees. Please bring your federal ID. One free sandwich or salad at State of Beer.
- 42 & Lawrence: Furloughed federal employees, get a free small drip or cold brew.
- Smashed Waffles: Free Smashedwich every day the federal government is shut down. Please bring federal ID.
- Bishops (Dillon): Free haircuts for all furloughed federal employees during the shutdown. Just show your federal ID.
- CORE Fitness Studio Raleigh: Free month of unlimited classes to all furloughed employees. Just stop by with your government ID.
- Rosetta Stone: Federal workers can start to learn a new language. Rosetta Stone is offering federal workers a free three-month online subscription. More information .
- Verizon: Government workers can join Verizon’s “Promise to Pay” program and set a future payment date. You can sign-up through the Verizon app or by calling, 1-866-266-1445. More information .
- ATT: ATT said its customer service representatives will “adjust late fees, provide extensions, and coordinate with you on revised payment schedules.” More information .
- Sprint: “Sprint Customer Care is prepared to work with federal government employees seeking short-term payment solutions.” Government workers can call Spring at 888-211-4727. More information.
- T-Mobile: Government workers can call T-Mobile at 1-877-746-0909 to discuss short-term payment options, which could include spreading payment out over time or deferring payment. More information .
- Chase: Federal employees affected by the partial government shutdown can call a special line to discuss their options, 1-888-356-0023. The bank also said it ” automatically waive or refund overdraft and monthly service fees” until the shutdown ends.
- Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo said it “is here to help customers who are experiencing hardship as a result of the federal government shutdown.” More information .
- U.S. Bank: The bank has created a low-rate loan for federal works affected by the shutdown. They have also established a special phone line for federal workers, 877-760-6046. More information.
- Bank of America: Federal workers can contact Bank of America through a special line, 844-219-0690, to discuss their options. More information .